|recipe for Victoria scones|
225g self raising flour
50g caster sugar
1 egg beaten and made up to 150ml with milk
8 glace cherries cut in half
- Preheat oven to 200c . gas mark 6.
- Mix flour and salt and rub in the margarine.
- Stir in the sugar and mix to a soft dough with the egg and milk mix. You wont need it all, save some for brushing on the tops
- Knead lightly and divided into four
- Shape into rounds about 1cm thick and put onto your baking tray
- Cut a cross in the top and brush with the egg and milk mix
- Push half a glace cherry into each section and bake for 10-15 until golden brown.