I love it when there is a chill in the air as I know this is a sign I can leave salad behind and look forward to eating hearty wholesome food that fills you up and makes you cosy inside. This is one of these recipes. My Bailey’s bread and butter pudding recipe is a delight to eat any time but perfect on a Sunday.
You will need;
- 100g butter,
- 1/2 a loaf of white bread sliced and cut into triangles with the crusts off,
- 5 eggs,
- 40g caster sugar,
- 300ml cream,
- 300ml milk,
- 2 drops of vanilla extract,
- 5 tbsps of baileys
- 20g demerara sugar to sprinkle
- Butter the bread,
- Mix the eggs, caster sugar, cream, milk, vanilla and Baileys.
- Arrange the bread in a buttered oven proof dish and then pour over the custard mix.
- Leave to stand for a minimum of half and hour for the bread to soak up the custard.
- Pre heat the oven to 180c gas mark 4.
- Place the oven proof dish in a bain marie and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
Shop the recipe.
Like my Bailey’s bread and butter pudding recipe?
By opting in, I agree to being sent correspondence by Craft with Cartwright. This may include use of my name, tracking my clicks and targeted marketing. I understand that I’m able to opt-out and unsubscribe at anytime.