Here is another piece from my Mother’s day craft class I taught last week. A Handmade Mother’s day heart keyring gift and gift box. This is a smaller designed gift box and felt heart shaped key ring decorated with seed beads.
I also used a scrap of the paper to make a matching gift tag using a punch and an eyelet. I think it really finished it off well.
To make a folded paper box you can find the instructions here.
To make the heart keyring:
- Cut two heart shapes from red felt.
- sew a smaller heart shape using chain stitch in the middle. You can read a tutorial of how to do chain stitch here.
- Then sew seed beads around the chain stitched heart. I used alternate red colours.
- Then cut a loop of red ribbon and pin this inside the two heart shapes at the top.
- Blanket stitch around the hearts to secure. You can read a tutorial of how to do blanket stitch here.