We are big fans of cauliflower cheese in the Cartwright house hold. It is comfort food at it’s best. But sometimes, old favourites can do with being re-thought and this soup has become the go to recipe for this year when we want something so satisfying and warm it’s like a big bear hug. I do hope you like my cauliflower cheese soup.
Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Serves 4 for lunch
- knob of butter
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 450g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 350ml gluten free vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 200ml milk
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins.
- Then add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning.
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins
until the cauliflower and potato are soft.
- Press with a potato masher until you get a creamy, thick soup.
- Stir in the grated cheese, just before serving.
Like this? You’ll love
Gluten free fresh tomato soup recipe