This time of year after the excesses of Christmas I long to get back to my healthy eating pattern and want wholesome food to start my day with. I always have leftover nuts and dried fruit from Christmas baking. So why not incorporate some of those flavours through into the new year with this great Winter Granola recipe.
To make my Winter Granola
You will need:
- 500g Gluten free rolled oats
- 300ml honey
- 150g mixed nuts, chopped
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 100g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Warm the Honey and oil in a saucepan.
- In a large mixing bowl. Stir the oats, nuts and coconut.
- Preheat the oven to 180c or gas mark 6
- Pour the honey and oil mixture over the oats and stir until coated.
- Spread the mixture in a large roasting tray.
- Bake for twenty minutes, turning the mixture every 5 minutes so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before putting into an air tight container.
- Then add the mixed spice and cranberries and stir to mix.