You may well already know that I don’t like dried fruit. So why am I sharing a Gluten Free Mince Pies recipe? The reason is this, we decided to make the whole house gluten free I as found I was still suffering with the effects of being glutened regularly. After much debate we put it down to the kids. Although they understand my illness, they don’t always take the right care and it’s those stray crumbs that were doing me in. So our whole house is a Gluten free zone and I feel all the better for it.
Hubby is a massive Mince Pies fan and basically rolls from eating Hot Cross Buns for half the year to Mince Pies the next. So I could not deny him this pleasure. I am really pleased with the pastry texture for these Mince Pies and they got hubbies approval.
To make Mince pies
- 225g Gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 110g Cooking Margarine
- 1 egg beaten
- 12 tsps Gluten Free Mincemeat
- cornflour for rolling out
- Milk to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Place the the flour and xanthan gum in a large mixing bowl and mix.
- Add the Margarine and rub in until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and mix. You may need to add a tablespoon of water. You want the mixture to be quite soft.
- Place on a cornflour dusted surface and roll out.
- Cut out 12 60mm circles and 12 80mm circles. You will have to re-roll the pastry to do this.
- Place into the patty tin the larger circles.
- Add a tsp of mincemeat to each one.
- Cover each one with a smaller pastry circle and press around the edges to seal.
- Brush with a little milk to glaze.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Want the Mince Pies recipe to print?
By opting in, I agree to being sent correspondence by Craft with Cartwright. This may include use of my name, tracking my clicks and targeted marketing. I understand that I’m able to opt-out at anytime.