Articles contain paid and affiliate links
If you fancy stitching up something a bit different for Valentine’s this year. Why not try this free cross stitch Valentines rose pattern? It looks very striking on black adia and would make a great gift or just something to treasure for yourself!
Grab your valentines rose pattern here
Already got the vault password?
Unlock the vault!
Get the password directly to your inbox to unlock the vault for this free pattern and many more freebies.
By opting in, I agree to being sent correspondence by Craft with Cartwright. This may include use of my name, tracking my clicks and targeted marketing. I understand that I’m able to opt-out at anytime.
Have you joined Club Craft Cartwright yet on Facebook? It’s a great place to chart all things crafts related.
New to cross stitch?
Buy the kit to get stitching!
You will need:
You can also find lots more cross stitch goodies in my Amazon Store.
- 14 count aida
- DMC embroidery thread
- Embroidery hoop
- Embroidery scissors
- Optional - a thimble
- Start by printing off your pattern and checking it's dimensions
- Cut the fabric to larger than the pattern dimensions and fit in your hoop
- Tighten the hoop to secure the fabric
- Find the center of your pattern and the center of your fabric design
- Start stitching from the center
- Cut a length of embroidery floss no longer than the length of your arm
- Separate it into two stands and keep the remaining four for later
- Thread your needle
- Start stitching from the back of the fabric, holding the loose thread until you have done a few rows of stitching which will keep the end in place.
- Work your stitches all the in same direction, the bottom of the cross should always be the same in every stitch.
- Work in either individual crosses or for longer areas of stitch work the bottom arm of the cross stitch in a row and then stitch back over the row to do the top arm of the cross.
- To finish, ensure the needle is on the back of the fabric. Thread it through the underside of a few stitches and then snip off the loose end.
Want an extra 50 mini motifs to your inbox?
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Liked my cross stitch valentines rose chart?