Grab this set of 12 free cross stitch mini fruit motifs. Comes as a printable pdf chart. Quick and easy to stitch, with full count stitches. Ideal for beginners of those wanted a quick project to stitch up for cards, tags etc.
Articles contain paid and affiliate links
Set of 12 mini fruit includes:
New to cross stitch?
Buy the kit to get stitching!
You will need:
- Embroidery scissors,
- DMC or Anchor threads,
- Embroidery hoop,
- Embroidery needles,
- 14 Count Aida fabric
You can also find lots more cross stitch goodies in my Amazon Store.
If you've never stitched before, then read through these simple instructions to help you stitch a cross stitch embroidery pattern
- 14 count white aida
- DMC embroidery threads -
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery hoop
- Embroidery scissors
- Optional - a thimble
- Start by printing off your pattern and checking it's dimensions
- Cut the fabric to larger than the pattern dimensions and your hoop size
- Fold the fabric into quarter to identify the centre
- fit in your hoop
- Tighten the hoop to secure the fabric
- Find the centre of your pattern and the centre of your fabric design
- Start stitching from the centre
- Cut a length of embroidery floss no longer than the length of your arm
- Separate it into one strand and keep the remaining five for later
- Double the thread and thread your needle
- Start stitching from the front of your fabric, leaving a loop to thread your needle through on the first stitch to secure. Tug so that it moves to the back.
- Work your stitches all the in same direction, the bottom of the cross should always be the same in every stitch.
- Work in either individual crosses or for longer areas of stitch work the bottom arm of the cross stitch in a row and then stitch back over the row to do the top arm of the cross.
- To finish, ensure the needle is on the back of the fabric. Thread it through the underside of a few stitches and then snip off the loose end.