Articles contain paid and affiliate links
Grab this free pattern for a happy birthday card cross stitch. Download the printable pdf chart and get stitching today.
Grid Size: 86W x 68H
Design Area: 6.00″ x 4.57″ (84 x 64 stitches)
Unlock the vault!
Get the password directly to your inbox to unlock the vault for this free pattern and many more freebies.
By opting in, I agree to being sent correspondence by Craft with Cartwright. This may include use of my name, tracking my clicks and targeted marketing. I understand that I’m able to opt-out at anytime.
Already got the password?
Have you joined Club Craft Cartwright yet on Facebook? It’s a great place to chart all things crafts related.
New to cross stitch?
Buy the kit to get stitching!
You will need:
You can also find lots more cross stitch goodies in my Amazon Store.
- 14 count aida
- DMC embroidery thread
- Embroidery hoop
- Embroidery scissors
- Optional - a thimble
- Start by printing off your pattern and checking it's dimensions
- Cut the fabric to larger than the pattern dimensions and fit in your hoop
- Tighten the hoop to secure the fabric
- Find the center of your pattern and the center of your fabric design
- Start stitching from the center
- Cut a length of embroidery floss no longer than the length of your arm
- Separate it into two stands and keep the remaining four for later
- Thread your needle
- Start stitching from the back of the fabric, holding the loose thread until you have done a few rows of stitching which will keep the end in place.
- Work your stitches all the in same direction, the bottom of the cross should always be the same in every stitch.
- Work in either individual crosses or for longer areas of stitch work the bottom arm of the cross stitch in a row and then stitch back over the row to do the top arm of the cross.
- To finish, ensure the needle is on the back of the fabric. Thread it through the underside of a few stitches and then snip off the loose end.
Want an extra 50 mini motifs to your inbox?
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Liked my pattern?