Get ready to celebrate shrove Tuesday with this sweet pancake stack pattern. Unleash your creativity and bring this adorable design to life with every stitch. Download the free printable pdf chart at the bottom of this post.
- Grid Size: 58W x 55H
- Design Area: 4.14" x 3.93" (58 x 55 stitches)
To get started, gather the following materials:
- 14 count Aida fabric
- Embroidery hoop
- Size 24 cross stitch Needle
- DMC embroidery floss
- Embroidery Scissors
- Pattern chart (download it at the bottom of the post)
- Begin by selecting the colours for your pancake stack. Feel free to experiment with different shades to add a personal touch to your creation.
- Prepare your embroidery hoop and secure the Aida fabric. Ensure it's taut to make it easier when stitching.
- Thread your needle with single strand of the centre floss colour, doubled so as to secure it with the loop start. Start stitching from the centre point outwards.
Completion and Finishing:
Once you've completed the cross-stitching, carefully remove the fabric from the hoop. Trim any excess fabric, leaving a border for framing or finishing. If you don't want to frame it, check out my 35 Alternatives to framing cross stitch.
Share your finished creation with fellow crafters on social media, tag @craftcartwright and inspire others to embark on their own stitching adventures. Happy crafting!