Continuing the geometric series, grab this beautiful geometric whale cross stitch pattern for free at the bottom of this post.
Articles contain paid and affiliate links
In case you missed it, check out the Geometric Swift cross stitch (free).
Geometric whale cross stitch dimentions:
Grid Size: 88W x 52H
Design Area: 6.14″ x 3.57″ (86 x 50 stitches)
6 DMC threads
New to cross stitch?
Buy the kit to get stitching!
You will need:
You can also find lots more cross stitch goodies in my Amazon Store.
- 14 count aida
- DMC embroidery thread
- Embroidery hoop
- Embroidery scissors
- Optional - a thimble
- Start by printing off your pattern and checking it's dimensions
- Cut the fabric to larger than the pattern dimensions and fit in your hoop
- Tighten the hoop to secure the fabric
- Find the center of your pattern and the center of your fabric design
- Start stitching from the center
- Cut a length of embroidery floss no longer than the length of your arm
- Separate it into two stands and keep the remaining four for later
- Thread your needle
- Start stitching from the back of the fabric, holding the loose thread until you have done a few rows of stitching which will keep the end in place.
- Work your stitches all the in same direction, the bottom of the cross should always be the same in every stitch.
- Work in either individual crosses or for longer areas of stitch work the bottom arm of the cross stitch in a row and then stitch back over the row to do the top arm of the cross.
- To finish, ensure the needle is on the back of the fabric. Thread it through the underside of a few stitches and then snip off the loose end.